Are you passionate about entrepreneurs and their path to success?
Do you thrive on collaboration and connecting with people?
Do you desire being part of an internationally accredited Economic Development Team?
Big Sky Economic Development is looking for a dynamic leader to manage a newly created program that focuses on entrepreneurial development. The program provides programmed space (co-working space) and services such as incubation, acceleration, meetups and specialized training. This position is responsible for the day to day operation of the entrepreneurial development program, creating program awareness, advising clients, and garnering support and counsel from key stakeholders.
In this job, you would be responsible for:
- The day to day program management of the entrepreneurial development program
- Developing and implementing the policies and procedures (SOP) for the newly created program
- Co-planning, hosting and leading events such as mentor meets up and the regional Early Stage Montana pitch competition and hyper accelerator
- Facilitating the implementation of an Advisory Council
- Providing both fundamental and high-level business consulting to for-profit businesses, including development of commercialization plans
- Developing and preparing curricula and presentation materials for training events
- Planning, facilitating and teaching fundamental and advanced business education courses to adult learned on varying scales of experience
- Engaging with the SBDC network and B.E.A.R. teams to support the development of entrepreneurs and assist in advising clients
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Business Management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- At least 3 years experience starting, owning, operating and/or managing a business
- At least 3 years experience providing professional advising, consulting, or training services
- Demonstrated business acumen and a keen understanding of the entrepreneurial path
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- High emotional intelligence
- A desire to be part of a highly effective team
- Excellent personal effectiveness/time management skills
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to accommodate a fluctuating schedule
- This position reports to the Regional Director SBDC\Entrepreneurial Development
- This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for our full suite of benefits including medical, dental, retirement (PERS), life, holiday pay, sick pay and three weeks of vacation pay a year.
- We offer wages based on regional market data and commensurate with experience
- This position is located in Billings, MT
How to Apply:
Go to www.bigskyeconomicdevelopment.org to download the position announcement which includes a full job description and instructions on how to apply. Additional application materials are requested.